Vermont Gage (Vermont Precision Tools, Inc.) has been certified to ISO 9001 since 1999. The Quality Management System (QMS), based on ISO 9001, focuses on Continual Improvement, Fact-based Decision Making, Customer Focus, Leadership, Involvement of People and Mutually Beneficial Supplier Relationships.
Vermont Gage uses the QMS to demonstrate the ability to consistently provide products that meet its customers’ requirements. It helps organize and improve the efficiency of the company’s processes, and continually improve from the initial receipt of customer orders, until our packagers seal the final box of a shipment.
ISO 9001 is based on the plan-do-check-act methodology and provides a process-oriented approach to documenting and reviewing the structure, responsibilities, and procedures required to achieve effective, consistent quality management.
Among the sections of the standard are:
· Documentation of a quality manual, determining process interactions and document control.
· Management responsibilities
· Product realization including establishment of processes, verification, validation, monitoring, establishment of quality objectives.
· Measurement, analysis, and improvement through corrective actions and internal audits
· Management of resources including the work environment and Personnel
Our annual customer surveys show a high level of customer satisfaction and much of that is due to our ISO 9001 based QMS.
CLICK THE IMAGE ABOVE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT ISO STANDARDS (link takes you to a new website)